I tried to pretend I was going to write about something else, but…nope. I am thoroughly, 100% on the Hamilton train. So much so that I have tried to figure out HOW exactly I am going to get to Broadway to see it if I can ever manage to get tickets. I may or may not have set up a Google alert to know when tickets are available is what I’m saying.
I will probably not see it until it starts touring, and I’m okay with that. But the point is that I’ve considered going to New York to see it.
True story: When I told my friend about the A to Z Challenge and that I was planning on blogging about fannish pursuits, she immediately said, “You’re blogging about Hamilton, right?” And I, of course, assured her that it was definitely going to be H to which she responded, “…or you could do all 26 days on it. A is for Angelica, etc.”
I also seriously considered THAT. So yeah. I have Hamilton brain.
Here are some things I have done re: Hamilton that show I may or may not be obsessed:
- Listen(ed) to the cast album pretty much nonstop
- Stopped listening to the cast album long enough to listen to podcasts (that I normally never listen to) about the show
- Tried to convince my daughter to rethink her career plans so she can audition for the show
- Bought the physical CD* so I can loan it to people (and keep it in rotation in my car)
- Attempted to buy tickets to the show in NY
- Resigned myself to the fact that I’ll have to see the tour in Atlanta
- Set up a Google alert for the Atlanta tour
- Joined a Facebook group to talk about the show
- Set up an acronym (RHTOD–Random Hamilton Thought of the Day) for all the times my friend and I text each other random Hamilton thoughts
- Rejoiced when I heard other people were hooked on it and/or hooked people on it
- Bought myself and my daughter awesome t-shirts
- Bookmarked other t-shirts I want to buy
- Recorded the Grammys (which I haven’t watched in years) just to see the cast performance
- Put a reminder on my calendar to set my TiVo for the Tony awards just to see the cast performance and also probably win some stuff (I have never in my life watched the Tonys. It airs on June 12, btw.)
- Watched/read a ton of interviews with Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Preordered Hamilton: The Revolution
I speak in Hamilton quotes. I wake up with the songs running through my head. IT HAS EATEN MY BRAIN.
And to my credit, I only posted on FB telling people to check it out once. ONCE.
So, if you haven’t listened to Hamilton yet, it is not too late to see what all the fuss is about. You can listen to the entire album on YouTube or Spotify. I mean, the whole album is there just ready to be listened to. I usually tell people to give it until the fifth song because if they don’t like it by then, they probably won’t. For me, I knew I was going to love it about halfway through the first song.
And now I will go back to texting my friend about it. A RHTOD just occurred to me…
For the A to Z challenge, I’ll be blogging about fannish pursuits (aka things I’m a fan of or have strong feelings about). Tune in Monday to see what I picked for I!
*Affiliate links in this post. If you buy something from Amazon after clicking, I get a kickback.